PresentationBachelor of Science HES-SO (BSc) in Tourism
Founded in 1983 and thus with over three decades of experience in tourism management training, the tourism department proposes a full-time BSc degree course spread out over three years in French, German, and English.
Situated in the heart of a major mountain tourism region, our tourism degree program is the only one in Switzerland which gives students the choice of studying in French, German or English. It is also possible to combine combine the languages (60 to 89 credits in a second langues) and thereby obtain a bilingual degree.
The strengths of the degree program include the followind :
- A strong focus on practical applications of theoretical concepts
- In the 5th semester students choose a major and two minor areas of study.
- The only degree program in Switzerland offering students the opportunity to do an internship abroad
- Students develop intercultural communication competence.
- A broad and attractive range of foreign language courses : Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Italian, French, German
- Close collaboration with the Institute of Tourism Research which handles industry mandates as well as research projects both of which give students opportunities to get involved.