Prof. Bruno Schnyder, Dr. sc. nat. ETH (1994), dipl. nat. ETH Zürich (Biochemist), is since 2008 Professor HES in Food Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, & Diagnostics Systems at HES-SO Vs, Sion, Switzerland, at the Institute of Life Technologies.
Based on industrial experience in the USA in the Safety Assessment department of Dupont-Merck (1995-97), on the academic experience in the field of food diet sciences and metabolic diseases at the medical department of Fribourg University, Switzerland (1997-2002), I successfully completed my Habilitation “HDR” in Life Sciences in the field of infectious diseases at CNRS and the University of Orléans, France (2002-2007).
This expertise in the various fields of food science and infectious disease was published in 50 peer-reviewed articles (see Annex). And this expertise enables successful industrial collaborations and patenting of industrial applications.
List of my recent, ongoing projects (lead by B.Schnyder) :
1. Novel Staphylococcus toxin gene analysis in food stuffs (2009-11)
2. Screening and pre-industrialisation of anti-Candida infection treatments (2011-15)
3. Establishing and application of anti-inflammatory screening of plant extracts in cell systems (2012-14)
4. Miniaturisation of a cellular microarray (2014-15)
5. Novel rapid analysis of microbial toxins in food stuff, using MALDI-TOF MS (2014-16)