Bachelor’s Theses TourismBachelor of Science HES-SO (BSc) in Tourism
SUBJECTS SUGGESTED BY A COMPANY
Students suggest their own subject for the Bachelor’s thesis. In general, they write their thesis during their internship, but there are other options:
Bachelor’s thesis commissioned by:
You would like to employ a trainee and offer them the opportunity to write their Bachelor’s thesis? You will find all relevant information on the page “companies”.
You are looking for a solution to a problem, are interested in an objective evaluation or would like to receive recommendations based on analyses? Do not hesitate to submit a subject proposal or a research problem. Blaise Larpin, professor in the degree programme Tourism and researcher at the Institute of Tourism can give you further information on the Bachelor’s theses or your subject proposal.
PAST BACHELOR’S THESES
Access to Bachelor’s theses that have been published in full.
Comments by authors of Bachelor’s theses (with Management Summary):
- Testimony from Lynn Huber about her BT in the field of Market Analysis
- Témoignage de Mélanie Hirt sur son TB dans le domaine des entreprises sociales
- Témoignage de Morane Dewarrat sur son TB dans le domaine de la réalité augmentée
- Témoignage de Valentine Gaillet sur son TB dans le domaine du Service design
- Témoignage de Fanny Seydoux sur son TB dans le domaine du développement durable
- Témoignage de Vincent Weil sur son TB dans le domaine de la création d’offre touristique et du développement durable
- Erfahrungsbericht von Michael Kambly über seine BA im Bereich Touristische Angebote in Verbindung mit Gold
- Erfahrungsbericht von Raphaela Maier über Ihre BA im Bereich Standortmarketing und Kooperationen
- Erfahrungsbericht von Céline Wieland über Ihre BA im Bereich Marketing und Kulturtourismus
BACHELOR’S THESES IN THE FIELD OF TOURISM
The last semester of the degree programme Tourism is dedicated to the internship and the Bachelor’s thesis. Every year, around 90 future tourism experts write their thesis. They manage the entire project autonomously, from the definition of the research problem to the public defence of their results.
During their training, students acquire theoretical knowledge in the different subject areas defined in the study plan. In their last year, they can choose three specialist areas from the following options: sports and health tourism, business and cultural tourism, e-tourism, destination management, event management, development of selling strategies and techniques, crisis management, business eXperience, design and financing of new tourism products and services, sustainable development and tourism mobility. The range of subjects for the theses is therefore very broad.
A Bachelor’s thesis requires approx. 360 hours of work and is aimed at providing a solution to a given problem. The objectives are defined by the company and the student, validated by a jury of professors and then approved by the supervisor of the thesis.