Professional PerspectivesBachelor of Science HES-SO (BSc) in Business Information Technology
At the end of the course, young graduates are ideally placed for positions of responsibility in various sectors, working for major Swiss and international businesses, SMEs, administrative bodies or start-ups.
Some examples of jobs for a UAS Bachelor-level graduate in Business Information Technology include:
- Information systems architect
- Software architect
- SAP consultant
- Applications developer for Windows, Internet, mobile devices
- Project manager
- Business analyst
- Database administrator
- IT auditor, security consultant
- Helpdesk manager, trainer, after-sales engineer
Areas of IT
At present, the sector severely lacks a highly-qualified workforce, so much so that students are even recruited by businesses before they have finished their course!
- Medicine (e-health)
- Energy (e-energy)
- Administration (e-government)
- Web (e-services)
- Mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
- Home automation architecture
- Sales, marketing
Depending on students’ interests and skills, IT also enables them to move towards other areas such as the multimedia industry (cinema, video games, sound, video, new technologies, etc.).