Study plan Business Information TechnologyBachelor of Science HES-SO (BSc) in Business Information Technology
The multidisciplinary programme focuses on software development, management and communication. Students familiarise themselves with the latest technologies (even without previous knowledge) in areas such as programming, data mining, network and IT security. Management, marketing, entrepreneurship and IT project management are also part of the curriculum.
Students have the opportunity to participate in real-life projects with companies and the Institute of Information Systems. This ensures the relevance of the curriculum in relation to the future needs of organisations in technological and economic terms.
You can choose between two course structures, depending on your study pattern:
Full-time course (6 semesters)
The full-time course takes place over 6 semesters, including the Bachelor's thesis, which is undertaken during the final semester of the course.
Part-time course (8 semesters only in French)
The part-time course enables you to work alongside your studies (up to 60%).
This option is also ideal for those practising a professional sport (sport-study), an activity in the arts (music, dance, theatre, etc.) or embarking on a change of career.
In order to gain an additional extra on their CV, students may choose to register for the following options:
- Double Bachelor’s degree: Follow the third year in English, at the Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences in Helsinki, Finland, with two qualifications on offer: Bachelor of Science HES-SO and Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Official SAP certification: Obtain the "TS410 Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA" (10 days’ training with a professionally-recognised examination).
- Creation of a start-up: Join a Business eXperience team to create a business, coached by teaching staff who are specialised in entrepreneurship.
- International exchanges: Participate in an intensive programme (2 to 6 weeks) abroad to gain more in-depth knowledge and experience of a current theme in the area of IT.
- Official CISCO certification: Obtain one of the approved CCNA certifications .
- Bilingual diploma: Obtain a bilingual diploma by completing 60 ECTS credits in the second language.
- Language certification: Take one or more language diplomas and certificates (Goethe, TFI, TOEIC).
- As an academic partner of Visual Paradigm, HES-SO Valais-Wallis has access to the online diagramming tools (e.g. UML, Flowchart, ArchiMate, BPMN, Mindmap, etc) and scrum tools provided by Visual Paradigm.