Applied Research & Development
The Institute of Systems Engineering promotes the transfer of skills and technologies by carrying out aR&D projects for local, national and international companies.
Thanks to the multidisciplinary specialist skills of its staff, the Institute can offer targeted and innovative
solutions to its clients. Its portfolio includes:
- Projects that are co-financed by the Swiss Confederation (CTI, SNF, SFOE, SCCER, etc.), European research programmes, HES-SO research funds, business promotion agencies (The Ark), private associations and foundations;
- Partnerships with universities, federal institutes of technologies, universities of applied sciences and national and international scientific networks;
- Services to companies: partnership agreements, consulting services, projects, feasibility studies, expert reports.
The Institute offers a large range of services to its partners. Expert reports can be conducted for :
- Metallographic analysis and electron microscopy
- Materials testing
- EMC testing (electromagnetic compatibility)
Continuing education courses
The Institute organises, develops and offers training courses tailored to a company’s individual needs. The courses can be held on the company’s premises or in our laboratories, and are taught by qualified and experienced staff members.
The Institute hosts the Earthquake Education Centre (CPPS), thus actively contributing to raising awareness of the risks related to earthquakes and other natural disasters among the population and experts. The Centre is equipped with:
- a simulator allowing groups of 25 people to feel an earthquake with a magnitude of up to 7.3
- an interactive educational exhibition.