Linked Data Switzerland Workshop« Back
This workshop, held during the International Conference on Semantic Web Business and Innovation (SWBI2015), has two main aims. One concerns stimulating synergies between the actors of Swiss Linked Data. And the other concerns helping people interested in the Web of Data to get a better understanding of the advantages and issues.
We target two audiences:
- People currently working on Linked Data related projects
- People interested in evaluating or implementing Linked Data technologies
- State of the art presented by the different actors of Linked Data in Switzerland (e.g. data sets, schemas, data access, links to other data sets)
- Discussions between those actors to share experiences and promote synergies (e.g. Linked open/closed data management, natural language processing, crowd-sourcing, APIs, SEO and schema.org, better data linkage between Swiss data sets)
- Discussions between all participants, questions and answers
Participants of the workshop
- Swiss Federal Archives
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
- Swiss National Library
- Archives de l'Etat du Valais
- Ontos AG - a provider and developer of semantic technologies with focus on information integration and analysis
- Plazi - a Swiss based NGO and SME with the goal to foster and provide open access to scientific, published research data covering the world’s biodiversity
- Zazuko - a software development and consulting company focusing on Semantic Web and related technologies
- SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Participants will present different projects, such as the Swiss E-Government prioritized project LINDAS, Swiss statistics historicized community index, Public Transport 3.0: Linked SBB/CFF/FFS transit data, the future of the Swiss open government data portal, open access to scientific data, and more.
An aperitif will be served at the end of the workshop.
- Date: Octobre 8th 2015, 13:30 - 17:30
- Adress: Techno-pôle, 3960 Sierre, Suisse
- Registration fees: CHF 50.- for attending this workshop (free for the participants of the conference SWBI2015)
- Participants: The maximum number of participants is limited to 30.
- Inscription: Participants must be registered before Tuesday, September 15th 2015 on linkeddataswitzerland.eventbrite.com
- Fabian Cretton, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO Valais-Wallis), firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO Valais-Wallis), Switzerland
- Institute of Information Systems of the HES-SO Valais-Wallis, Switzerland