The DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEMS (DXS) research group consolidates in-depth theoretical and practical know-how ranging from areas such immuno-, molecular- and cellular diagnostics, to instrumental analytics and bio-sensor development, including microfluidics and digital / data processing.Together with the Institute of Systems Engineering and the Institute of Information Systems our research group conceptualizes, designs, and develops innovative automation and miniaturization solutions to bio-analytical challenges.The Diagnostic Systems Research Group focuses on four innovation domains:
The Diagnostic Systems Research Group focuses on four innovation domains:
Point-of-care (POC) diagnostics
- Point-of-care (POC) diagnostics & Lab-on-a-chip devices
- Miniaturized, portable or wearable sensor systems
- Efficient sampling & functionality integration
- Sophisticated capture molecules & detection systems
- Remote access & data management
- Bioavailability (e.g. intestinal transport)
- Bioactivity (e.g. anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious)
- Biocompatibility (e.g. biopolymers)
- 3D models (e.g. cell-scaffold interactions)
- Microphysiological systems (MPS)
- PCR or other amplification/detection methods
- Gene expression & HT-sequencing
- Pathogen identification & typing
- Immunoassays (e.g. fluorescence, ECL-based)
- Multivariate, multiplex (e.g. microarrays, DNA-chips)
- Cell-free DNA testing
Médical devices & sensors
- Drug-delivery systems
- Data acquisition & processing
- Sensor functionalizations
- Marc E. Pfeifer, Ph.D.
In-vitro Diagnostics (IVD), Molecular Diagnostics, POC Diagnostics, Regulator aspects
- Bruno Schnyder, Ph.D.
Biochemistry, Immunology, Cellular Systems
- Jean-Manuel Segura, Ph.D.
POC Diagnostics, Assay Development, Detection Systems
- Alena Simalatsar, Ph.D.
Druy-delivery systems, Microfluidies, Signal acquisition and processing
- Alexandre Kuhn, Ph.D.
HT-Sequencing and nanopore - based devices, Cell-freee DNA testing, Digital health
- Denis Prim
Head of Laboratory, Symposium Manager, Bioanalytics
- Sarah Wegmüller Ph.D.
Molecular Biology, Recombinant production, Gene expression analysis