We propose to investigate
- how much of today's electricity of nuclear origin can be substituted with RE sources, and how these sources should be geographically distributed within Switzerland,
- how large productions of different intermittent RE's affect the stability of the electrical grid,
- how the grid has to be upgraded to tolerate and distribute large power surges of RE electricity,
- how much additional electrical energy storage capacity will be needed, and
- how new storage capacities should be designed and geographically distributed.