LDSW 2017 - Linked Data Switzerland Workshop« Back
The HES-SO Valais-Wallis Data Semantics Lab organizes a follow-up to the previous Linked Data Switzerland Workshop 2015 and 2016. The event will be kindly hosted by the Swiss Federal Archives, in Bern.
This workshop brings together the different actors of Linked Data in Switzerland, from data owners to technicians. The general goal is to help synergies, with a specific focus this year to propose solutions for some identified difficulties in domains such as data publication, a Swiss ontology for eGovernement-related datasets, missing datasets, links between datasets, authoritative entities, etc.
Participants of the workshop
- Swiss Federal Archives
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
- Swiss Federal Office of Topography
- Swiss Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
- Archives de l'Etat du Valais
- Kantons Basel-Stadt
- eCH Open Government Data Group
- Die Wissens-Ingenieure - a Knowledge Engineering solution provider and consulting company with a focus on semantic information integration, modeling and reasoning
- FactsMission - Linked Data development and consulting for more Facts and less noise
- Plazi - a Swiss based NGO and SME with the goal to foster and provide open access to scientific, published research data covering the world’s biodiversity
- Semweb - a software development and consulting company specialized in Knowledge Graphs and Linked Data
- Zazuko - a software development and consulting company focusing on Semantic Web and related technologies
- University of Applied Sciences HTW Chur
- Bern University of Applied Sciences
- HES-SO Valais/Wallis - Data Semantics Lab
Round of table: What’s new?
The goal of this part is to get an idea of what is presently going on in Switzerland with regard to linked data in the public sector and beyond. At the same time it will provide an overview of how the participants relate to these activities.
Focus on some projects and lessons learned
We will decide of some relevant topics and do a few workshops to tackle those subjects.
Final discussionsPresentations of the workshops results and final talks for today
Save the date
- Date: September 20th 2017, 14:00 - 17:00
- Address: Swiss Federal Archives, Archivstrasse 24, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
Workshop chair and further information
Please contact me for any further question and if you want to participate to the workshop.
Fabian Cretton, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO Valais-Wallis), firstname.lastname@example.org